Are you planning on shopping at Disney Springs for the day however you have a hard time walking around? Is there someone in your family who needs a wheelchair to assist them?
If you don’t own a wheelchair or didn’t bring one with you, don’t worry. You can rent a wheelchair or electronic convenience vehicle “EVC” at all the Disney Parks including Disney Springs.
Wheelchairs, Electronic Convenience Vehicles (ECVs), and strollers are available for rent at Sundries Guest Service locations at Disney Springs. Wheelchair rental fee is $12 per day, an Electronic Convenience Vehicle rental fee is $50 per day, and a stroller rental fee is $15 per day. There is a refundable $100 deposit that is required per unit.
These prices are as of January 2020 and are subject to change at Disney’s discretion.
Disney Springs is a large shopping area and can be very tiring if you try to walk the whole length of shops. Consider taking the boat across the lagoon so you don’t have to walk all the way back to your car. The boat runs back and forth from the docks near Rainforest Café and Cirque Du Soleil. It is free and convenient.
Table of Contents
Can You Rent A Wheelchair At Disney Springs
There are a few different options if you need a wheelchair to shop at Disney Springs.
- You can bring your own wheelchair or ECV to any Disney property as long as the size is 32 inches x 52 inches or smaller. All Disney Theme Parks and shopping areas have wheelchair and ECV accessibility.
- You can rent a wheelchair or ECV from Disney Springs. They are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and Disney doesn’t allow you to reserve one ahead of time. You must be 18 years of age to rent an ECV. Disney ECVs have a weight limit of 450 pounds and wheelchairs have a weight limit of 350 pounds. These vehicles are only designed for only one person at a time.
- Last option is to rent a wheelchair or ECV from an outside vendor that services Disney on a daily basis. If you are staying at a Disney Resort, these vendors provide delivery and pickup for free. However, you will need to make arrangements with the vendor directly as to which resort you are staying at and your desired delivery and pick up dates and times.
My Related Disney Articles:
Where Can You Rent A Wheelchair or ECV At Disney Springs
Wheelchair, ECV and stroller rentals are available at the nearby Sundries location either next to the Town Center bus loop or by Cirque Du Soleil. Sundries is a guest service location for the whole shopping plaza.
The Sundries near Town Center bus loop is located across from Planet Hollywood next to the Coca-Cola Store. Make sure you park in the Lime parking garage for close access.
A new Sundries just opened on the West Side by Cirque Du Soleil, adjacent to Wolfgang Puck Grill and across from the bus stops. Make sure you park in the Orange parking garage for close access.
All strollers, wheelchairs, and ECVs must be returned to Sundries before it closes at 11:00 PM from Sunday through Thursday and at 11:30 PM Friday through Saturday.
Click here to read an article I wrote on Where To Park At Disney Springs, so you are the closest to the nearest Sundries locations.
Renting A Wheelchair or ECV From An Outside Vendor
There is a select wheelchair and EVC rental company that Disney calls their Featured Vender. This vendor is the only company allowed to drop off rentals at Disney Resorts for the guests.
When returning the wheelchair or EVC, you can drop off the rental at the front desk when you check out of the hotel. The Featured Vendor for Disney Parks is Scooterbug Orlando. Their phone number is 800-726-8284.
If you rent a wheelchair or ECV from a different vendor, you will need to make arrangements to pick up and drop off the rentals on your own. Disney will not hold or store them for the vendor to pick up.
Advantages of Renting From An Outside Vendor
- You are able to bring the wheelchair or ECV anywhere you want, even off Disney Property.
- You don’t have to return the wheelchair or ECV before the park closes.
- You are guaranteed to receive a wheelchair or ECV. There is no danger of them running out.
- You can get a wheelchair or ECV that is tailored to your size and design.
- You can get an ECV with different speeds. Usually the Disney ECV’s only have a low speed.
Disadvantages of Renting From An Outside Vendor
- You have to transport the wheelchair or EVC if you go from one Disney Property to the next.
- If you have mechanical problems, you have to call and wait for the company to come out and fix it or give you another one.
How Do You Return The Wheelchair or ECV When Your Done At Disney Springs
Disney doesn’t allow you to take the wheelchair or ECV with you if you plan to go to another Disney Park. You can use them only in the park where they are rented, however the rental is good for the whole day. When leaving, return the wheelchair or ECV rental to the guest services counter and you will receive your deposit back.
If you do plan to go to another Disney Park, tell the clerk and they will give you a receipt that you can use at the other park. If you have already rented a wheelchair or ECV that day, Disney doesn’t make you pay for another one. When you arrive at the other park, present your receipt to the clerk and they will give you another wheelchair or EVC for free.
Wheelchair and ECV rentals at any of the Disney parks are not guaranteed. During busy times, they can run out. You may not get one if you park hop to a second park. Disney will take your name and contact info and will call you if one becomes available.
Do You Need A Doctor’s Note To Rent A Wheelchair At Disney Springs
You don’t need to bring a doctor’s note to rent a wheelchair or ECV at Disney Springs. As long as you are 18 years old, have photo identification, and have the money, you are able to rent them. There are no restrictions when it comes to type of illness or lack of mobility.
Helpful Tips On Renting A Wheelchair At Disney Springs
- Guests may bring their own wheelchairs or ECV’s or you can rent them at Disney Springs.
- Wheelchairs and ECV’s are available on a first-come, first-served basis at Disney Springs.
- Reservations are not accepted, and quantities are limited. Plan to arrive early if needed.
- Guests must be 18 years of age to rent wheelchairs or ECV’s. A photo ID is required.
- The maximum weight is 350lbs for a wheelchair and 450lbs for an ECV.
Shopping is no fun if you are in pain or have a hard time walking around. Disney Springs offer many premium shops and exclusive Disney merchandise that you must see. Renting a wheelchair or EVC at Disney Springs is quick and easy and will make the day more pleasurable.